Monday, January 5, 2009

Patience in Waiting

Funny thing, patience is. I have found it cannot be had without peace - yet another thing that is curious to understand. I fear I will never be able to truly practice it, much less understand it. Either of them. I have been able to experience them both to a great extent recently, however, and discovered many things. These things I have pondered and still cannot grasp. It has given me a new and deeper meaning to Philippians 4:7, where Paul says that God will give a peace that surpasses all comprehension (with prayer 4:6). Yes, it is too large to understand. But I truly believe, from experience, that it means much more than even that!


2 comments:

  1. ummm. needed that today. patience and peace flit through me recently only to be consumed occassionally by impatience at inactivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and me both! I had actually written this a couple months ago and never finished it but figured it still needed to go up :) guess I was right!

    ReplyDelete