Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spectacular Skies

Ever wake up just as the sun is rising?  I have.  Numerous times.  And I am so lucky to have the most perfect view of every sunrise through my bedroom door! Each time it happens I cannot help but smile wide.  It is as if God has touched me gently; whispered to me quietly to wake up, even if just for a brief moment; and given me another great gift just for my eyes!  Every time it is as if He is wrapping me in a hug with His presence and His creation.  

Each of these moments are so different.  Each more special than the last.  Though not necessarily more special because one is better than the other.  No, it is more special because they are each from my "Papa".  It is as if they pile up on top of each other, not replacing the last but adding to it!

The image above I took this morning, on another one of these great occasions.  There are no words to really describe what I witnessed.  You can call it grandiose.  Maybe it was more humble than that.  More simple or more intricate.  I'm not completely sure, but all I can say is that the only thing I could say when I saw it was WOW!!!  And this picture does not do it justice in the least!! But it was God's.  He gave it to me, if even for a brief moment.  It was our moment.  Special and just for us.  And for any other who got to witness it through their eyes as well.  Isn't that what a true Father does best?  Special moments crafted, designed, tailored... just for me.  For you.  For any of us who are willing to open our eyes for a moment and soak it all in :)  How loving He is!

1 comment:

  1. Nice. The sky was pretty amazing over this way as well. Very pink and orange.

    ReplyDelete