Monday, May 18, 2009

Clarity

Sometimes the mountains in the distance can be seen with great clarity. Their lines and their colors are so crisp to be seen. We all know that there are also other days that the mountains on the horizon are misted and clouded over with a variety of different things - whether it be a storm, fog, or something so simple and dense as humidity. And I speak not just literally but figuratively as well.
The Blue Ridge mountains simply took my breath away this morning coming down one such mountain into the valley I call home. Their clarity had almost reached perfection. I feel as the mountains and valleys in my life, however, have been draped with a dense blanket, prohibiting me from seeing anything whatsoever. And with each one I climb, I myself make them different. I feel as though I somehow manage to make each mountain bigger than it already is. So not only can I not really see them, but I can also never seem to get over them because they are only ever growing in size and might...

1 comment:

  1. great pic...the clarity of the reflection in the water is amazing...kinda like our lives and what we reflect?

    In The Noticer there is a great quote about mountaintops and them allowing us to see before we head into the valley toward the next...

    ReplyDelete