Friday, May 29, 2009

Hope Come Again

What is it about hope that is so... compelling? I find myself saying it countless times in normal conversations every single day. And I find myself stuck in huge hopes that only leave me empty and disappointed. The thing about hope is that it is single-handily one of the most painful things in the world if the hope is not fulfilled. If the person or thing that you are hoping in to follow through or go the way you want it to indeed does not follow through.

Of course, there is One that has, does, and always will follow through. In Him we can always trust. But what about the hope we have in our loved ones, in beautiful plans we have made, in dreams we have crafted? Are we not to have these, as they can easily become things of this world? Or is there something beautiful that will one day come from the pain? Are we not to hope because of the almost innevitable pain? Or are we to stay optimistic slinkies, always bouncing back in delight, holding onto the hopes we have and going from one hope to the next? I seem to be stuck in these conflicts, wondering if I will ever escape. If I will ever see these hopes I have indeed come to fruition. And what gorgeous hopes they are, and what terrible let-downs they could become...

1 comment:

  1. hope fuels life. look at the most recent presidential election...hope changed the message. people want something greater than what they have. they just don't know what it is. thats where Jesus steps in to fill the gap.

    ReplyDelete