Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lesson 978

I usually don't do blogs on Scripture passages, but I cannot get this one out of my head, and it is so hitting home right about now. Check out Romans 8:24b-28:

"But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."


Not quite sure what to say after that, the passage speaks for itself. I know for me... even in this season of life, a season I once thought I would never face, I will continue to hope for what I know is Right and Good. Right now things may seem cloudy and out of my reach. But that is what hope is. (Yet at the same time it is not out of my reach because Christ is my Hope, who is in me)! And with it comes patience. And oh, how God has been teaching that to me over the years, in so many different ways. Now ensu
es lesson 978 (ok... that may seem a random number... but you get the point). As waystation said, hope makes you strong. It's when you throw it out the window that you are not strong any longer. Which seems quite ironic since you do so in attempts to look and be strong.

And furthermore, in the times that all we can do is lie in our beds and moan, sprawl out on the floor and groan, or sit unknowingly in shock.. it's then that the Spirit in us knows exactly what we're going through and where we're at. He knows. And even greater, He knows what we need and goes directly to our Father with it. He turns those grunts and whimpers into
words, into a prayer, and lifts them before our Creator. And They work it together into a wonderful masterpiece, all within Their will, not our own. They have your and my best interest in mind. And the best, it will be.
Besides, it doesn't matter how long or hard you run towards or away from God's will (which has your best in mind).. it WILL happen. Regardless. No matter what. He has a plan that will absolutely come to fruition. We need to trust Him in that and let Him lead us. We need to trust the path, even with all of its bumps and bends and bows. Trust in Him, rely on Him, lean into Him, talk with Him (or moan if it comes to that), and He will give you peace! (Philippians 4:4-7). Praise Him through it ALL! And believe me, I know, it's not easy. It can hurt. It does hurt. But it is right and good. He is Supreme above all else! He is GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. hang in there sprout, Hope is on the way. this has been a pretty introspective week this week for you. praying for you and know that the murkiness will fade like the fog in good time.

    ReplyDelete