Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Brief" Clarification

I was just realizing that I don't even remember what it was that made me write my first post on hope. I was rereading some of my stuff tonight, and I just wanted to clarify something about this one, because some of the things I put out there could easily sound very depressing.

My focus was on the ever-growing hope we find in Christ and nothing more. I was amazed, still am, at His consistency and love for us. That He will never "let us down" or drop us from His hands that weave and hold all together. Our hopes and dreams for things can only be crushed if we let them. Better yet, as my good friend and counselor Margo once told me years ago, "Chase after the Dream-Maker, not the dream itself." So get caught in the dance of life with your Maker and Lover. Let Him be the Hope He is offering you. Everything else will fall into place one way or the other. As far as the dreams you've made up in your head? I guarantee you that the ones the Dream-Maker has in mind for you are so immensely better that yours would pale in comparison. Let Him write your story, every single stroke of it. His plan is grander. His mind wider. His heart bigger.

In the world's terms, people may let you down. In fact, they will let you down in one way or another. But if your heart is truly in the right place, then nobody can ever really let you down but yourself. You are who you let yourself be. And if you trust in God solely and keep close to Him (James 4:8) and therefore less susceptible to Satan's scheming, then you will be who you were made and meant to be. We are here to worship our Creator, not please others (not meaning that we throw them by the wayside - by no means! Remember, love deeply and do not be afriad). And He will never let you down. Ever. So please, I hope (yet again.. funny how that word keeps coming up) you did not take my earlier post, or this one, the wrong way. The focus was, is, and always will be on the fact that we can hope first in God. He is the only perfect One! And we really can count on Him (I'm not saying we can't count on others. Just not in the same immaculate way as we can our Maker).

Oh, and let me close with this as a quick reminder also, one that brought me to this post in the first place... words are powerful. They can bring life or they can destroy with the result of a gruesome death. As the child's song goes, "Be careful little mouths what you say." E429 FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment