Monday, June 29, 2009

Soul Speak

God and I had a very candid and vivid conversation the other night. Those are the moments, so consumed by His presence in my life, that I wish I could hold onto forever and never leave that warmth. In those moments I find I am truly at peace and completely calmed by His voice. He is most definitely alive and moving today. To say God no longer speaks audibly an anyone's life obviously hasn't slowed down enough. And even then, it's not like He chooses that method every day. Sometimes He speaks through the smaller, less noticible things in life - a song, a laugh, a ray of sun, a raindrop, a lightning bolt, a tear, a gift.. Still there are other times when He does choose to literally reach out and touch you and speak directly to your soul. Should you be willing to listen.

Our conversation was a relatively short one, but it spoke volumes to my life. Because I had been led to believe my whole life that I was the one in control of my heart. And while I may have influence therein, God is truly the one who has the key to it, greater than any key that I or anyone else in my life may hold. Especially since I have given it to him, my Father, my Lover. Furthermore, He is the one who has the key to your heart. Your loved one's heart. Everyone's. There is nothing I or you can do to unlock the mysteries of another's heart and explore its depths. But God can and will. In His precious timing. Maybe then you will be the blessed one allowed to dive deep into another's soul. What a great gift and terrifying responsibility that would be!

Does this mean we should not ask God to open somebody up to let love flow in because it is already predestined? Absolutely not! Ask all you want. Your Abba wants to know the desires of your heart, from your lips. Besides, who's to say that every breath is forced to be a certain way just because Adonai knows every detail beforehand? Yet He will still plan and work everything to good in His timing, using the good and the bad to mend and create and care for your heart. And His plan is ever so perfect. Not always easy, but definitely flawless--a masterpiece weilded with His gentle and powerful hands. In the meantime we trust with patient hope!

2 comments:

  1. working on the patient part of the hope...beautiful as always sprout. great seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and me both! thanks and great seeing you too; hope the family get-together went well :)

    ReplyDelete